The Battle of Britain Bunker is now open Monday – Sunday, from 10am – 4:30pm (last entry is 3:30pm). You must book a timed ticket in advance of your visit. Those without tickets will not be able to visit on that day.
To book your tickets, please use our online ticketing system.
With the current government guidelines relating to Covid-19, your visit to the Battle of Britain Bunker will be slightly different from before:
- You must book a timed entry ticket in advance of your visit. Those without tickets will not be able to visit on that day.
- Our tours of the Bunker will be at a smaller capacity and running on a different time table/schedule. Visitor time in the Bunker has altered to ensure cleaning between visits.
- The interactive elements of our Visitor Centre have been turned off
- Our car park is open as usual.
- Our Cafe and Gift Shop are open and we have an outdoor terrace available.
- There is a pre-recorded tour of the Bunker for those who are unable to attend a Bunker tour – this is available upon request, and is included with your entrance to the Visitor Centre.
To help ensure the health and wellbeing of our visitors and colleagues, all visitors must adhere to current government guidelines relating to Covid-19, and follow any other guidance provided at the Battle of Britain Bunker. We have also implemented new safety measures across the site. These measures include:
- Requiring all visitors to book timed tickets online, to limit the number of people on-site and minimise queuing.
- Reducing capacity and amending the layout of the Visitor Centre and Bunker to ensure safe social distancing.
- Requiring all visitors to wear face coverings in our Visitor Centre and in the Bunker. Anyone without a face covering will not be allowed into these areas, other than those who are exempt.
- Our toilets are open as usual, and we have implemented additional cleaning measures.
- Installing new hand sanitising stations throughout the Visitor Centre.
- Creating safe queuing areas.
- Requesting that all visitors sanitise their hands before entering our Visitor Centre and the Bunker.
- Adding signage and one way systems to assist visitors and staff to respect social distancing.
- Increasing the frequency and breadth of cleaning routines.
- Adding acrylic screens at our reception.
We thank you for your patience and support in our reopening, and hope to welcome you soon to the Battle of Britain Bunker.
- BY TUBE: Nearest station Uxbridge (Metropolitan and Piccadilly), then one mile walk through Dowding Parkvia the High Street and St Andrews Road, signposted by blue and brown tourist signs. There is a cab rank at Uxbridge.BY BUS: To St. Andrew’s Church on the A10 or U3 from Heathrow or the 427, U1, U4 or U7 then walk through Dowding Park. Bus U2 stops at the junction of Hercies Road and Honey Hill. Check routes at www.tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey
- BY CAR: Use satnav postcode UB10 0BE (different from postal address) or search maps for Battle of Britain Bunker