The Battle of Britain Bunker is open Monday – Sunday, from 10am – 4:30pm (last entry is 3:30pm). You can book a timed ticket for a bunker tour in advance of your visit to guarantee entry. Visitor Centre tickets can generally be purchased on the day.
To book your tickets, please use our online ticketing system.
With the current government guidelines relating to Covid-19, your visit to the Battle of Britain Bunker is as it was pre-pandemic:
- You can book a bunker tour in advance of your visit to guarantee entry. Visitor centre tickets are normally fine to purchase on the day.
- Our tours of the Bunker are back to normal, at 40 maximum capacity. Visitor time in the Bunker is still altered however to ensure cleaning between visits.
- Our car park is open as usual.
- Our Cafe and Gift Shop are open and we have an outdoor terrace available.
- There is a pre-recorded tour of the Bunker for those who are unable to attend a Bunker tour – this is available upon request, and is included with your entrance to the Visitor Centre.
To help ensure the health and wellbeing of our visitors and colleagues, all visitors must adhere to current government guidelines relating to Covid-19, and follow any other guidance provided at the Battle of Britain Bunker. We have also implemented new safety measures across the site. These measures include:
- Visitors can book tickets online, to minimise queuing.
- Encouraging all visitors to wear face coverings in the Bunker, other than those who are exempt.
- Our toilets are open as usual, and we have implemented additional cleaning measures.
- Installing new hand sanitising stations throughout the Visitor Centre.
- Requesting that all visitors sanitise their hands before entering our Visitor Centre and the Bunker.
- Increasing the frequency and breadth of cleaning routines.
- Adding acrylic screens at our reception.
We thank you for your patience and support since the start of the pandemic, and hope to welcome you soon to the Battle of Britain Bunker.
- BY TUBE: Nearest station Uxbridge (Metropolitan and Piccadilly), then one mile walk through Dowding Parkvia the High Street and St Andrews Road, signposted by blue and brown tourist signs. There is a cab rank at Uxbridge.BY BUS: To St. Andrew’s Church on the A10 or U3 from Heathrow or the 427, U1, U4 or U7 then walk through Dowding Park. Bus U2 stops at the junction of Hercies Road and Honey Hill. Check routes at www.tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey
- BY CAR: Use satnav postcode UB10 0GG (different from postal address) or search maps for Battle of Britain Bunker